Fruits are delicious and good for your skin. We are all for cost effective beauty, here at SOS and sometimes the best finds can be found in your home, so we give you a quick guide to the fruits that will give you magazine cover skin.
- Cucumbers are fruits, and oh so hydrating! The major part of cucumber is water. Thus, they have a cooling effect on the body and are high in antioxidants.
- The peel of a cucumber contains Vitamin C and Vitamin K, which is vital to achieve healthy, glowing skin. Studies suggest that sea cucumbers can aid in skin whitening and can also reduce the appearance of fine lines
- The common use for cucumbers is underneath the eyes to reduce puffiness and dark circles.
- To Reduce Acne Add 1 tablespoon of gram flour to a freshly grated cucumber. You can add a teaspoon of rose water to the mixture. Apply it to the affected area and rinse off with cold water after 15 minutes.
- To moisturize dry skin, grate a cucumber and add 1 tablespoon of milk to it. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the mixture and apply it to your skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- Eat at least half an orange everyday
- Apply plain, freshly squeezed orange juice to your pigmentation spots.
- Mash a small piece of papaya and apply it on your skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- Mix mashed papaya with lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric and apply it on the pigmented and scarred areas. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- For dry and flaky skin, apply mashed papaya with half a teaspoon of almond oil. Wipe it away with a soft wet cloth after 10 minutes.
- Make a papaya scrub using a small piece of papaya, 1 teaspoon of orange peel, and 1 tablespoon of rose water (for oily skin) or honey (for dry skin). Use gentle circular motions to scrub your skin. Rinse with room temperature water
- Drink freshly made watermelon juice in the morning or evening
- Mash a watermelon and apply it on your skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of Fuller’s earth, and 1 teaspoon of rose water. Rinse with cold water after the mask dries.
- For dry skin, mix 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- Red grapes are famous for containing resveratrol, a compound that comes from the skin of red grapes.
- Resveratrol is credited with a wide range of health benefits, among them is reducing the effects of aging.
Indulge in fruits for good skin and good all round.