What is a Highlighter and What Does it Do?
The Makeup SOS Highlighter is translucent light-reflecting products. It is meant to enhance your complexion and give skin a brighter, dewy glow as well as making cheekbones look more prominent. They also accentuate your favourite facial features in a subtle, natural way – the sos highlighter is not meant to make you look shiny, instead it is meant to bring light to an area.
Before Using the SOS Highlighter, Apply Concealer
Before you begin highlighting your face, map out the sections you want to highlight on your face using dots of concealer one shade lighter than your skin tone. Areas to map out include the forehead, under the eyes, nose and chin. This will help to create an illuminated effect.
How to Apply your SOS Highlighter
- You can use our highlighter in a number of ways: Mix in a few drops with your moisturiser of choice for an all-over, radiant glow, or apply it after your foundation with a makeup brush to cover areas you'd like to glow.
- Start at the inner corners of your eyes to open them up, then sweep it under the arch of your brows to define and lift your brow bone.
- Next, highlight the tops of cheekbones, blending the highlighter right up to the temples.
How to Get The Best From Your Features
To emphasise and get the best out of your features, use these handy tips:
- Highlight your eyes: This will instantly light up your eyes and give a brow-lifting effect
- Highlight your lips: Used under liptstick, this will create dimension and volume to your lips. Highlighter blended into the cupid’s bow and centre of the lips will create this effect.
- Highlight the bridge of your nose: This will enable your nose to look narrower.
How to Blend
Blending your highlighter creates an instant radiant and even toned appearance to the skin. Once you have highlighted the areas of your face, go over each part by buffing the product into your skin using a buffing brush. Use gentle circular motions over your face and watch your makeup blend beautifully. This will create a seamless look and feel, instead of looking like makeup has been layered on top of your skin.
- You can also apply a highlighter to your Cupid’s bow, which will give the illusion of bigger lips.
Send us your gorgeous looks to firstname.lastname@example.org